Wednesday 23 November 2011

IMAGINE IT: INTRO


I think I’ve finally got it, and by “got it” I mean found “it”. Yes, you might be wondering what “it” is and unfortunately I don’t know right now because I don’t think we will really find “it” until it’s too late to record what exactly “it” was. Ok enough of this, I’m getting confused and I’m the one writing this.
            So, how did this start? Well, I want to write something, I feel like I might have something to say or share, so here it is. I’m going to put it all out on the table. This my second “blog”, but I want to call it my first, because while writing the first one, let me re-phrase that, while writing my current blog about the process of planning my upcoming wedding (not to discredit wedding planning and the process, wedding planning is amazing and I want to do it again for someone else on someone else’s budget) I got lost. After writing about the engagement story and the initial unrest I started to get a little bored with myself (if that’s possible). So, this is the plan. I am going to dedicate sometime once, maybe twice, a week and conduct something like a social experiment. I am going to spread the sugar and spice of my own life and see what I get back. Yes, I am procrastinating (I am actually sitting in a coffee shop right now set-up to complete some outstanding tasks for work which have been in my bag untouched for over a week now; procrastination might be an understatement in this situation).  So what am I going to do? I am going to be Kind to people. I am going to be kind for no reason other than; you get what you put out. My theory is to try and spread the sugar, the salted butter, whatever it is that makes you happy and record the sweet and spicy results of my experiment.  I don’t want to use a cliché here (and in the future, for those of you reading, please let me know if I do and I will stop!), but as I am writing this the coffee shop radio just started to play John Lennon’s  “Imagine”. Ok, I am going take this as a sign, incorporate that song into my title, for those of you searching for the same thing I am looking for, and start the experiment.


No comments:

Post a Comment